What is Stem Cell Therapy?
Stem Cell Injections for Knee Pain, Arthritis, Tendonitis & More
For many patients with debilitating knee osteoarthritis, treatment options are limited: steroid injections, joint replacement surgery (and replacement alternatives), physical therapy, etc. The Stem Cell Center Dripping Springs, new cutting-edge treatment options like amniotic membrane stem cell injections may be used to successfully treat patients with knee osteoarthritis, Achilles tendonitis, rotator cuff tendonitis, and degenerative arthritis.
For clarification, this type of stem cell comes from the amniotic sac – not an embryo. While some people may have ethical issues with embryonic stem cell therapy, most everyone agrees that the use of amniotic stem cell therapy raises no ethical or moral questions.
How does amniotic stem cell therapy work?
Stem cell treatment takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself. With amniotic stem cell therapy, the medical team injects stem cells from amniotic tissues into your body. These stem cells have anti-inflammatory properties, similar to cortisone and steroid shots. However, stem cell therapy goes far beyond the benefits of standard “injection therapy.”
While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in amniotic stem cells may replace damaged cells in your body. Additionally, stem cell injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, easing the pain and helping restore mobility.
What Others are Saying About Stem Cells:
STEM CELL HEALING MIRACLES
and the controversy surrounding them.
Join the WORLD’S research and development EXPERTS and NOBEL PRIZE nominees in stem cells. MD’s weigh in and Pro Athletes spill the secrets on STEM CELLS!
“The greatest advance in medicine since the antibiotic”
And it’s here now, and you can access it.
What benefits does amniotic stem cell therapy offer?
Amniotic stem cell therapy is very safe and effective. Learn more about several benefits this treatment has to offer:
- Amniotic stem cells contain no steroids. Instead, the injections rely on naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agents, such as cytokines.
- Amniotic stem cells contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates cartilage and promotes new cartilage growth.
- Amniotic stem cells contain growth factors, which stimulate tissue growth.
- With amniotic stem cells, there is no threat of patient rejection.
- Lastly, amniotic fluid is a highly concentrated source of stem cells, which makes this type of stem cell injection preferable over embryonic stem cells and the patient’s own stem cells (from fat or bone marrow).
Are stem cell injections safe?
Yes. More than 10,000 injections have been performed without a single reported adverse side effect.
- Amniotic stem cell therapy is a preferred type of stem cell therapy because the cells come from an immunoprivileged site, which means that patient-rejection is extremely rare.
- The use of amniotic stem cells is well researched, safe, and effective. Amniotic stem cells have been used by ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons for about 20 years.
- All amniotic stem cell donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Am I a candidate for stem cell therapy?
Patients suffering form any kind of joint, tendon, or ligament pain may be considered as candidates for stem cell therapy at The Stem Cell Center Dripping Springs. Patients with severe degenerative osteoarthritis may not be eligible for stem cell therapy.
For more information about stem cell therapy for joint, tendon, and ligament injuries, contact us. Stem cell treatment services available in Dripping Springs.
Stem cell therapy is a revolutionary new alternative to surgery that may allow you to recover from painful joint conditions faster than traditional options. Instead of painful, invasive surgery or a regimen of pain-management medications, stem cell therapy patients generally experience much quicker recovery times, without all of the lingering side effects.
What are stem cells?
Stem cells (which are not gathered from embryos) are found in every human being, and serve as “blank cells” that have the ability to transform themselves into other kinds of cells, including cells found in your joints and cartilage. Normally, the cells in your body are specialized to serve a specific function. For instance, your liver cells look and act different from your hair, cartilage or blood cells. If an area of your body is damaged, the cells in that area must be replaced by cells of the same type. Stem cells, however, are flexible and can adjust their structure to take on the functions of the cells around them, and supercharge your body’s ability to repair itself.
What could stem cells do for me?
When stem cells are introduced into an area of your body that is causing pain (for instance arthritic knees, shoulders, joints or your back), they turn themselves into healthy versions of the cells around them. As the stem cells transform, they also begin to stimulate your body’s natural healing response, and start to repair and regenerate the damaged part of your body. Even after one session, many of our patients experience a reduction in their pain, as the stem cells begin to replace damaged tissue with repaired, healthy cells. Our Stem Cells can treat:
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Hip pain
- Any other joint pain you may be experiencing.
Before you decide to have debilitating joint surgery, look into stem cell regenerative therapy.
What are the advantages of stem cell therapy?
- Repairs the Underlying Problem: stem cell therapy resolves what’s actually calling your pain, unlike traditional therapy options that only treat the symptoms
- Little-to-no Recovery Time: our procedures are out-patient procedures and most of our patients recover from the procedure within a day.
- No Risk of Allergic Reactions: stem cell therapy require no anesthesia or other medication that could trigger side effects or other adverse reactions.
If you have nagging pain in your knees, elbows, shoulders, back or other joints, stem cell therapy may be able to keep you from needing painful, invasive surgery and a long rehabilitation time. If you are ready to start living a pain free life, contact us schedule your FREE one-on-one Consultation with one of our medical professionals.